Monday, June 13, 2011

Why "Why not!" ?

“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’".  
(from Back To Methuselah, George Bernard Shaw)

This phrase is better known as the statement of Robert F. Kennedy who quoted it in one of his eloquent speeches.  To me, it does not matter who said it.   The essence is, some people see things and ask "Why?"  Other people say "Why not?"  The reaction is a little bit similar to the "glass is half empty" or "half full" argument.  Everyone sees the same thing and someone tend to find opportunities to do something better.

In my life so far, I have seen and acted on various "why not!" opportunities and met many wonderful people who think, say, and act "Why not!".  Yes, you may have noticed that "Why?" ends with a question mark, while my "Why not!" ends with an exclamation mark.  When I say "Why not!", I am ready to tackle the challenges.  Are you?

Cheers,

Dr. Taka

2 comments:

  1. How are you Dr. Taka? How are the things look like in Miyagi? Probably way different from what we imagine in sunny San Diego. You must be busy now. When you have a time to have a cup of tea, drop a line here too.
    Ogenki de. Gokentou wo oinori simasu. :) Misa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Misa. I am doing well, thank you! I just posted my new blog on my first few days in Ishinomaki. I will try to update more as I find time to do it (hopefully...) I hear some of my colleagues are collaborating with Me-Gumi people.

    Taka

    ReplyDelete